Let’s see what I got in this month’s glam bag!
This months ipsy bag was cute! I like the bag itself and the contents were right up my alley. If you don’t have ipsy, you’re missing out. Only $10 a month for 5 beauty items in a cute little bag delivered right to your door. Sign up here!
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Mini – This stuff is great. It’s not too rough but I can still tell it’s exfoliating.
Marc Anthony True Professional Deep Repair Aloe Vera & Jasmine Oil Deep Repairing Conditioning Treatment – Smells amazing and made my hair feel soft.
theBalm Cosmetics Bahama Mama – Solid bronzer! I can see why it’s loved by so many. I took it with me on vacation to maximize space in my makeup bag.
mPrincess Pressed Eyeshadow in Chestnut – Pretty color, good pigmentation, and easy to blend! Solid eyeshadow.
VASANTI COSMETICS Professional Contour Eyeshadow Brush – Love this! I always use a fluffy brush for my crease and this is perfect.
A pink faux fur bag from ipsy in December? I can dig it! I was quite pleased with this bag, even though I already owned 2 of the products. They are products I like, so I certainly didn’t mind getting more.
Hikari Cosmetics’ Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Iris – I love felt-tipped liquid liners, especially dark purple ones! This was great.
Marc Anthony True Professional Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Deep Hydrating Treatment – This is something I already own and use on my hair, so it’s nice to have a back up for when that runs out.
Ciaté London’s Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up – Okay, this was the best item for me. I’m obsessed with liquid lips, but it’s so hard finding a good formula and shade. This is both. It’s very comfortable on the lips and this shade is gorgeous! I wore it out when I attended a performance and got a few compliments!
tarte cosmetics’ deluxe maracuja oil – I already have some of this, too, but I am obsessed with it and this little baby bottle is so cute. I have dry-combo skin, so I like that this hydrates my dry areas well, but doesn’t make me look greasy. I usually use it at night to be safe, but it does work well before applying makeup, too.
theBalm Cosmetics’ Mad Lash® Mascara – Who doesn’t love mascara minis?! I swear these always arrive right as an old tube is getting dried up or almost gone. I like this formula from theBalm.
Ipsy is a makeup subscription that sends you a mix of both full and sample-sized beauty products each month in a cute bag. It’s only $10 – which you can’t beat! Sign up here.
Uh, this bag is ADORABLE! I love it! This is right up behind the galaxy bag that I got last November or October, I believe. And I got a lot of good products in this one. I had a little meh spot with ipsy, but it’s been picking up lately!
Ciaté London’s Fierce Flicks Eyeliner – This reminds me of Kat Von D’s tattoo eyeliner. It goes on smooth, it goes on dark, and it goes on evenly. Which is exactly what you want with a felt liquid liner. It’s new, though, so we’ll have to see how it holds up over time.
theBalm Cosmetics’ Hot Mama Blush – Love this! Reminds me of Nars’ Orgasm blush. I think I’m going to stick this in my car for blush touch ups.
noyah’s Natural Lipstick in Smoke – I like the color itself, but it wasn’t quite right on me. It’s a “greige.” The formula is okay – long-lasting, but not the most comfortable or uncomfortable on the lips.
pūr~lisse Daily Lip Nourisher with Mango and Shea Butters – I’m obsessed with lip balm, so I was pretty excited to get this. Makes my lips feel great and smells good. You can never have too many lip balms!
MeMeMe Blush Brush – A simple blush brush. Gets the job done and is soft. I tend to gravitate towards brushes with a little bit more personality, like colors or patterns, but overall this is a good brush.
Want to give ipsy a try? Sign up here!
- ColourPop Cosmetics Crème Gel Liner in Get Paid or Swerve – I’ve never tried a ColourPop eyeliner before! This is a fun color, especially for summer! I was pleasantly surprised how creamy and easy to apply they were!
- theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in Matt Kumar or Matt Moskowitz – This is a great matte, plum shade! I love purple shadows and I love the fact that this one is matte. I’ve been using it to smoke up my look a bit by using it in the crease with browns and purples on the lid.
- oo-Boo Cover-Up Baby Boo-Boo Cover-Up –
- BioRepublic SkinCare Fiber Mask Set – I love masks, so I was very excited to receive these in my glam bag this month! These were fun! I love the smell and my skin felt refreshed after using them.
- Liptini Cream Lip Color in Pinktini – This was okay. The color is pretty, but I don’t like taking the time to use a brush to put on lip products, so I don’t like how this is packaged.
A little goes a long way with this stuff! It’s a little too light for me right now with it being summer. It was easy to apply and remained smooth – no settling into fine lines, though.
- MicaBeauty ipsy EXCLUSIVE Cream Eyeshadow in Bronze. At first, I wasn’t super excited about a bronze eyeshadow. I don’t know, it just didn’t wow me. Then I tried it out. Woah, my opinion changed! I LOVE it! It’s super long wearing, has a super pretty shimmer to it, and the color looked awesome on me. I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow. Check out the photo below featuring this eyeshadow. I was actually planning to purchase green for my Halloween costume but shipping is $10 and that’s just a bit much to me. And was more than the eyeshadow after a coupon.
- LAVANILA LABORATORIESPURE VANILLA DELUXE MINI ROLLER BALL. This was okay. I really like the roller ball application and it truly does smell like vanilla. I’m just not a fan of smelling like vanilla. I prefer more floral scents.
- AYRES ipsy EXCLUSIVE Pampas Sunrise Hand Cream. This made my hands feel amazing. It has a nice smell that isn’t too overpowering. I like that this lotion isn’t greasy or take forever to absorb.
- theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick. The color is just okay on me. It’s a little orange-y than what I’d probably normally wear, but it’s not bad. It goes on easily and isn’t too drying on my lips. It stayed for a decent amount of time, but I’d probably expect longer.
- Emité Make Up PROFESSIONAL SLANT TWEEZER. These are the tweezers that I didn’t know I needed! They’re a fantastic size! The head is smaller than my pair of slant tweezers, so I can get really precise with them. They’re very sharp. On more fine hair, it was actually cutting the hair before I could pull it! Obviously these hairs aren’t super dark or noticeable, I just like them gone, so not the biggest deal. I was impressed none-the-less.