Fall is JUST around the corner and just so happens to be my favorite season. I wish we got a longer window of actual fall weather here in the midwest, though. It seems like we get about a week of nice, cool fall weather and then – BAM – freezing temperatures are here, leaves are all gone. Anyways, a big part of why I like fall so much is the fall fashions. There are some tried and true trends that are always in fashion [plaid, anyone?], but here are some trends for this season that I’m excited to rock. A lot of these trends are ones I’ve been liking and wearing for a while, but it’s cool that it’s super “in” this year.
Well, I’m going to another Never Say Die (they go by Deadset Society now) show tonight. Going to see some friends in local bands and have a fun Saturday night!
I was in Nashville this weekend for a girls trip with Kiley and Shannon. I was seeing if there was any concerts on Saturday or Sunday we’d want to see and I saw that SAY ANYTHING was playing! How did we luck out!? Here’s my rocker chic outfit for the night. I had a random guy on the street tell me that I looked like a rockstar, which is exactly what I’m usually going for.
Happy Easter! I went out to brunch with my family on this lovely spring day. Went with a nude dress and my trusted jean jacket!
Everyone has their signature staples to their wardrobe and I thought I’d share mine! I have tons of variations of what’s listed, but this gives you the basic idea. I definitely have a lot of black items in my wardrobe and tend to migrate towards darker colors, like maroon, a lot. I have a lot of jeweltone things, too, but I wanted to keep this to 10 items. It’s easy to make sure you have plenty of things that go together if you stick to a sort of uniform, ya know?
I guess I’d describe my style as rocker-casual, while sometimes dipping into badass when I feel like it. I like to be comfortable, always. Even my “sexy” clothes are still comfortable and make me feel good to wear.
- Motorcycle Jacket – my true go-to. You can truly throw a motorcycle jacket on over anything.
- Combat Boots – comfy and practical if it’s raining or snowing
- Moccasins – comfortable and great with jeans, shorts, and skirts
- Skinny Jeans – do I need to say more?
- V Neck – dress it up, dress it down. You can’t go wrong.
- Fringe Jacket – I wear jackets and cardigans a lot, but a black fringe number like this is my favorite.
- Flannel Shirt – they’re warm and cute.
- Lita – when you feel like dressing up, you need a badass heel to go with it.
- Mini Skirt – a mini and/or pencil skirt comes in handy for dressing up or down.
- Crop Top – great in the summer or when you’re feeling yourself and want to show a little skin.
I’d love to know YOUR wardrobe staples. Comment below!
Last night I saw and photographed In This Moment again at Limelight Eventplex. I cannot wait to edit the photos, they’re like a concert photographer’s wet dream. I’m a big fan, too, so I HAD to “become the show” again. I actually had all of this prior to the show haha. I probably wouldn’t normally wear it all together, but it sure worked for my dark Big Bad Wolf inspiration. I tried to duplicate her awesome make up look and everything.
The show itself was amazing. They changed it up and added some new choreography and costumes since last time they came through in the fall. I’m a little bummed that I didn’t get to say hi to Maria this time, but it was getting late on a Sunday and I had work at 8am the next day, so I had to get home to my bed. :P
If you haven’t seen the Big Bad Wolf music video, check it out below.