Let’s see what I got in this month’s glam bag!
Luna By Luna Cosmetics Highlighter in Calypso – I didn’t have a highlighter in this color, so this was fun to try! I don’t know how often I’ll use it, though. It is more subtle, which makes it more wearable.
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in $12 Latte – I like Trust Fund Beauty nail polishes a lot. Not super excited about this shade, just cause brown isn’t usually my thing. It was better on your nails than in the bottle, though. I’ll hang onto it for the right occasion.
NYX Professional Makeup Butter™ Lipstick in Ripe Berry – Love this formula of the NYX butter lipsticks! They’re creamy and feel great on your lips. They aren’t transfer proof or the most long-wearing, but if comfort is what you need, these are fantastic.
Lord & Berry LINE/SHADE Eye Pencil in Black – This goes on very smoothly and is long lasting! It didn’t fade or travel throughout the day, either.
Promise Organic NOURISHING COCONUT MILK DAILY FACIAL SCRUB WITH WALNUTS & SUGAR – Love this! I’ve never heard of this brand before, but this scrub is great. I like to feel the exfoliants in my scrubs, as opposed to the super fine ones. It smells nice and left my skin feeling super smooth.
Pretty Woman Nail Polish in I Can’t Deal – I love me a good grey nail polish! This is cute and not too dark or too light.
Trust Fund Beauty Lip Gloss – This feels great on the lips and is a pretty nude shade. I threw this in my purse for when I need some shine on the go.
The Vintage Cosmetic Company Rose Gold Tweezers – Never thought I’d say that a pair of tweezers was gorgeous, but these are! I love the color and they work really well!
Smashbox Cosmetics Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in Light – I LOVE this BB cream! This was my first time trying it out and I loved it so much, I bought the full-size. It’s very comfortable and perfect for when you don’t want to wear a full face of makeup, but want a little coverage.
Jelly Pong Pong Coffee + Coconut Lip Scrub – I was in need of a lip scrub, so I was very excited to receive this. Until I saw the flavor. I hate coffee and this smells exactly like coffee. I still tried it out and it works well enough that I’ll deal with the smell. I wish it was a different flavor, though.
Sign up for ipsy here!
Another month, another glam bag! July was a good bag! Well the contents, at least. I wasn’t thrilled for the bag itself, but it could be worse! I’m considering doing unboxing videos for these, should I? It’d take a lot for me not to peak, I’m so bad at that!
Here’s what was in this months bag:
Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in No Filter – Love this color! It’s a very subtle pinky-grey color. I love bold looks, but I also love subtle manicures, too. They can make your fingers look extra long and elegant.
Mellow Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in Coco – First off, I’m SO sad I didn’t get the other color. It was this rusty color and just SO pretty! I feel like I have enough brown eyeshadows, ya know?
BeFine Food Skin Care Night Cream –
Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer – This isn’t new to me, but I’m glad I got some more! This stuff is great! Sometimes I think my skin gets used to certain products, so it’s nice to have some options for face primers.
ML Cosmetics Felt Tip Eyeliner in Emerald Isle – I was excited to get this in my bag! Brown eyes really pop with dark colored liners and I totally didn’t have green, so this is perfect!
Want in on ipsy? Sign up here! Only $10 a month for 5 items in a cute, little makeup bag!
So, I’m in love with this tie-dye bag! So cute! Overall this bag had lots of hits and one dud. Nothing I’d consider mediocre, though, which is good.
tarte cosmetics’ LipSurgence™ lip crème in wonder – Love this! It has a minty, tingly feel to it when you apply it. I like the color, too. It’s not super pigmented, but not too sheer either.
Adesse New York’s Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer in Irina – Pretty color! I have to admit, I just added this to my collection and did not get a chance to use it yet.
Luxie Beauty’s Dreamcatcher Tapered Highlighter Brush 522 – This is not in the photo, because it was too big for the ipsy bag and I didn’t notice it still in the package. Oops! But, I actually love this brush! It’s perfect for applying highlighter and has a pretty periwinkle handle.
Starlooks’ Cream Eye Shadow in Rose Gold – I love this color, but this stuff sucks. No matter what eyeshadow primer I use (Urban Decay or Too Faced), it does not stay. It creases really bad on me. Disappointed with this one. I might give it one more go as more of a liner than all over shadow and see how it goes.
pur~lisse Beauty’s Blue Lotus + White Tea Sheet Mask & Blue Lotus + Seaweed Sheet Mask – These are great! I love how they smell and they made my skin feel super soft. I put them on while taking a bath and had a nice soak with these on.
My February glam bag actually had a cute bag!
1. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I’m Kind Of A Big Deal. This is a cute, girly pink color! It seemed to last about as long as my Essie products. I was happy with this color, since I didn’t have one already, and the brand seems nice, too. No complaints!
2. Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil. So I recently tried out the Smashbox classic primer and fell in LOVE. Dude, it makes your skin so soft and smooth and your makeup looks flawless. I so want to get it. I was pumped to get this oil and while I like the classic gel primer a little better, this stuff is still awesome. You’ll never see your makeup look so good as you do when you use these babies.
3. VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin. Okay, I gotta be honest, I hated this. It reminds me of something I’d lust after if I was back in 7th grade. It’s so sparkling on your lips and feels pretty tacky. Not my dig. Too sparkly and light on my coloring.
4. Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal Nail File. This was great! It’s a classy-looking, little nail file! I feel like you can never have too many nail files, so I was glad to get this.
5. Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada #05. This was a pretty color, but I hate loose eye shadow powder. It just gets everywhere. This did. I liked it on the eye, but I’d reach for similar colors that were pressed before this.
Overall, this was an pretty good bag. I’m excited to see what next month is! Not an ipsy member? Click here and join today for just $10/month!
Is this not the prettiest bag yet?! I love anything and everything galaxy print, so I was ecstatic when I saw the sneak peaks for this month’s ipsy bag!
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Techno. This is fun! I love glitter nail polishes, especially silvers. It has both big flecks and small flecks. China Glaze nail polishes always seem to dry pretty fast, too, and this was no exception.
- Smashbox Cosmetics’ Full Exposure Mascara. This mascara was nice. It’s very dark and doesn’t clump at all, but wasn’t quite as dramatic as I usually like. To solve, I just layered on some of my other mascara that is thicker and then I had super long, full lashes.
- Absolute New York’s Nano Liner. Holy crap. Where has this been all my life? I gave up in finding a liner that had the felt tip like this and actually stayed wet longer than the first 10 seconds you take the cap off for the first time. Normally the color is all splotchy and has to be redone about 27 times to get it to look okay. Not the case with this liner. It distributed very evenly on my lid and made some cat-eyes super easy. I’m in love with this liner!
- tre’StiQue’s Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig. The cap looks like an opened pencil, so I was confused for a second when I first took it out of the bag. I like this color on me, it’s just a little pinker and bolder than my natural color. It goes on easily and feels good on my lips. It didn’t last super long, but it faded evenly, so it wasn’t a huge deal to me.
- Coolway’s Stronghold Spray. This hairspray smells really good and it seems like it held pretty well, but I don’t normally use liquid spray hairsprays like this. I kept getting too much on my hair and it’d make a big wet spot, even if I held the bottle pretty far away. I was using it to keep my bangs in place and when I was teasing my crown. For my bangs, it seemed okay, but for teasing, it didn’t create nearly as much texture as my normal hairsprays do. I think I’ll stick with aerosols.
This is definitely my favorite bag as far as contents and the bag itself. Thanks, ipsy! Can’t wait for Decembers! Want to join for just $10 a month? Click HERE!