Let’s see what I got in this month’s glam bag!
A pink faux fur bag from ipsy in December? I can dig it! I was quite pleased with this bag, even though I already owned 2 of the products. They are products I like, so I certainly didn’t mind getting more.
Hikari Cosmetics’ Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Iris – I love felt-tipped liquid liners, especially dark purple ones! This was great.
Marc Anthony True Professional Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Deep Hydrating Treatment – This is something I already own and use on my hair, so it’s nice to have a back up for when that runs out.
Ciaté London’s Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up – Okay, this was the best item for me. I’m obsessed with liquid lips, but it’s so hard finding a good formula and shade. This is both. It’s very comfortable on the lips and this shade is gorgeous! I wore it out when I attended a performance and got a few compliments!
tarte cosmetics’ deluxe maracuja oil – I already have some of this, too, but I am obsessed with it and this little baby bottle is so cute. I have dry-combo skin, so I like that this hydrates my dry areas well, but doesn’t make me look greasy. I usually use it at night to be safe, but it does work well before applying makeup, too.
theBalm Cosmetics’ Mad Lash® Mascara – Who doesn’t love mascara minis?! I swear these always arrive right as an old tube is getting dried up or almost gone. I like this formula from theBalm.
Ipsy is a makeup subscription that sends you a mix of both full and sample-sized beauty products each month in a cute bag. It’s only $10 – which you can’t beat! Sign up here.
So, again, Ipsy has been on point with the actual bags lately. This one is SO cute! I was in need of some new mascara, so I was super excited when I saw my sneak peak of my bag. Here’s what I thought about my items:
Luxie Beauty’s Rose Gold Small Duo Fiber Brush 524T – This is a cute little brush! Very soft and I love the rose gold color.
FORMULA X’s Nail Polish in Huntress – Love the color! Very subtle sparkles, but a great, dark, fall and winter color.
Verb’s Ghost Oil™ – I love this! I put it on damp hair before I air dry or use the blowdryer. It’s not too greasy, but leaves my hair soft and shiny.
‘Tini Beauty’s Eyetini Eyeshadow in Firestarter – This shade is really pretty, but I’m torn about this eyeshadow. It’s not super pigmented, but it’s very wearable and did look quite pretty on. I was just expecting that exact shade in the pot to be what goes on your eye, but that’s not the case.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I’ve had this mascara before, so I was excited to try it out again. I like starting with this mascara and then using my CoverGirl LashBlast mascara to sort of comb and separate my lashes afterwards.
Septembers Glam Bag was a good one! The bag itself was cute and I really loved most the products that came in it. Let’s hope future bags stick with that ratio of amazing vs meh products!
Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Naturelle – I love Pixi by Petra, so I was excited to receive this in my bag. This is a great neutral shade for me. It’s like my lips, but better. It’s comfortable and lasts a decent amount of time.
IT Cosmetics Superhero™ Mascara in Super Black – This mascara is amazing! It stays put! Even if you sleep in it (I know, you shouldn’t, but shit happens), it stays. And no flakes. It’s great.
BeFine Food Skin Care Exfoliating Cleanser – Never heard of BeFine, but I love this product! It smells amazing, like brown sugar, when you put it on. As you message into your face, the scrub turns into a rich lather.
tre’StiQue Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent – This is a nifty little thing! It’s great by itself or to layer under a powder highlighter for extra staying power. I just apply then blend with my finger.
NUXE Moisturizing Mask Crème Fraîche de Beauté – This was okay for me. I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either. It seemed to moisturized, like it claimed, but I didn’t notice my skin looking or feeling extra amazing, ya know?
I was one of 5,000 lucky people who was selected by Influenster to test some brand new Covergirl items! These are new product lines coming out in January, but we were sent them a little early to try them out and give our honest opinions on them. I’m a little bummed I didn’t receive one of the eyeshadow palettes that a few hundred people got. Womp womp.
I’m already a fan of Covergirl’s mascaras, so I was pumped that I was selected to receive one from the brand new Plumpify line. It’s supposed to offer 50x (okay, that seems a bit much, but whatever) volume. They sent it in the color very black, which is perfect. The rubber applicator is twisted in a spiral, so I was curious about the performance as soon as I got it out of the box. It definitely made my lashes longer and fuller! It goes on pretty smoothly and clump free.
The other item I received was the vitamin infused lip balm from the new Oh Sugar line. I got the shade caramel. It smells nice and looks more like a lipstick than lip balm. Once it’s on the lips, though, you can tell it’s a balm. I like that it was sheer and shimmery.
Here’s me wearing both products!
Is this not the prettiest bag yet?! I love anything and everything galaxy print, so I was ecstatic when I saw the sneak peaks for this month’s ipsy bag!
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Techno. This is fun! I love glitter nail polishes, especially silvers. It has both big flecks and small flecks. China Glaze nail polishes always seem to dry pretty fast, too, and this was no exception.
- Smashbox Cosmetics’ Full Exposure Mascara. This mascara was nice. It’s very dark and doesn’t clump at all, but wasn’t quite as dramatic as I usually like. To solve, I just layered on some of my other mascara that is thicker and then I had super long, full lashes.
- Absolute New York’s Nano Liner. Holy crap. Where has this been all my life? I gave up in finding a liner that had the felt tip like this and actually stayed wet longer than the first 10 seconds you take the cap off for the first time. Normally the color is all splotchy and has to be redone about 27 times to get it to look okay. Not the case with this liner. It distributed very evenly on my lid and made some cat-eyes super easy. I’m in love with this liner!
- tre’StiQue’s Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig. The cap looks like an opened pencil, so I was confused for a second when I first took it out of the bag. I like this color on me, it’s just a little pinker and bolder than my natural color. It goes on easily and feels good on my lips. It didn’t last super long, but it faded evenly, so it wasn’t a huge deal to me.
- Coolway’s Stronghold Spray. This hairspray smells really good and it seems like it held pretty well, but I don’t normally use liquid spray hairsprays like this. I kept getting too much on my hair and it’d make a big wet spot, even if I held the bottle pretty far away. I was using it to keep my bangs in place and when I was teasing my crown. For my bangs, it seemed okay, but for teasing, it didn’t create nearly as much texture as my normal hairsprays do. I think I’ll stick with aerosols.
This is definitely my favorite bag as far as contents and the bag itself. Thanks, ipsy! Can’t wait for Decembers! Want to join for just $10 a month? Click HERE!
My absolute favorite beauty product is mascara. I would give up every other item if I had to, but you could never make me give up mascara. That being said, I’ve tried a lot of different mascaras! Sophomore year of college, I actually worked in the beauty department at Macy’s, so I took advantage of it and tried out tons of mascaras. I was ecstatic when I tried the Lancome mascaras and I make sure I always have one in my collection.
Lately my favorite has been the Hypnôse Drama ($27.50), because I don’t want just fullness or length, I want both! When I was in Bergners last, a Lancome representative mentioned that there is a primer now. Of course, I tried it and it was amazing! I have the Cils Booster XL ($24.50) and it really does make my lashes longer than just mascara alone.
Yes, I have some proof for you guys! The top image has one with the primer and mascara on the left and my right eye has nothing! I’ve got the primer and mascara on both eyes on the one at the bottom. Just one coat of primer and two coats of mascara does the trick! I’ve even been asked if I’m wearing false eyelashes before with these on, which just made my day.
I wanted to add, too, that I purchased and used the Lancome mascara and primer on my own. I’m just a fan and wanted to share! Overall the primer gets an 8.5/10 and the mascara gets a 9/10!