Let’s see what I got in this month’s glam bag!
So, again, Ipsy has been on point with the actual bags lately. This one is SO cute! I was in need of some new mascara, so I was super excited when I saw my sneak peak of my bag. Here’s what I thought about my items:
Luxie Beauty’s Rose Gold Small Duo Fiber Brush 524T – This is a cute little brush! Very soft and I love the rose gold color.
FORMULA X’s Nail Polish in Huntress – Love the color! Very subtle sparkles, but a great, dark, fall and winter color.
Verb’s Ghost Oil™ – I love this! I put it on damp hair before I air dry or use the blowdryer. It’s not too greasy, but leaves my hair soft and shiny.
‘Tini Beauty’s Eyetini Eyeshadow in Firestarter – This shade is really pretty, but I’m torn about this eyeshadow. It’s not super pigmented, but it’s very wearable and did look quite pretty on. I was just expecting that exact shade in the pot to be what goes on your eye, but that’s not the case.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I’ve had this mascara before, so I was excited to try it out again. I like starting with this mascara and then using my CoverGirl LashBlast mascara to sort of comb and separate my lashes afterwards.
Uh, this bag is ADORABLE! I love it! This is right up behind the galaxy bag that I got last November or October, I believe. And I got a lot of good products in this one. I had a little meh spot with ipsy, but it’s been picking up lately!
Ciaté London’s Fierce Flicks Eyeliner – This reminds me of Kat Von D’s tattoo eyeliner. It goes on smooth, it goes on dark, and it goes on evenly. Which is exactly what you want with a felt liquid liner. It’s new, though, so we’ll have to see how it holds up over time.
theBalm Cosmetics’ Hot Mama Blush – Love this! Reminds me of Nars’ Orgasm blush. I think I’m going to stick this in my car for blush touch ups.
noyah’s Natural Lipstick in Smoke – I like the color itself, but it wasn’t quite right on me. It’s a “greige.” The formula is okay – long-lasting, but not the most comfortable or uncomfortable on the lips.
pūr~lisse Daily Lip Nourisher with Mango and Shea Butters – I’m obsessed with lip balm, so I was pretty excited to get this. Makes my lips feel great and smells good. You can never have too many lip balms!
MeMeMe Blush Brush – A simple blush brush. Gets the job done and is soft. I tend to gravitate towards brushes with a little bit more personality, like colors or patterns, but overall this is a good brush.
Want to give ipsy a try? Sign up here!
My February glam bag actually had a cute bag!
1. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in I’m Kind Of A Big Deal. This is a cute, girly pink color! It seemed to last about as long as my Essie products. I was happy with this color, since I didn’t have one already, and the brand seems nice, too. No complaints!
2. Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil. So I recently tried out the Smashbox classic primer and fell in LOVE. Dude, it makes your skin so soft and smooth and your makeup looks flawless. I so want to get it. I was pumped to get this oil and while I like the classic gel primer a little better, this stuff is still awesome. You’ll never see your makeup look so good as you do when you use these babies.
3. VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin. Okay, I gotta be honest, I hated this. It reminds me of something I’d lust after if I was back in 7th grade. It’s so sparkling on your lips and feels pretty tacky. Not my dig. Too sparkly and light on my coloring.
4. Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal Nail File. This was great! It’s a classy-looking, little nail file! I feel like you can never have too many nail files, so I was glad to get this.
5. Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada #05. This was a pretty color, but I hate loose eye shadow powder. It just gets everywhere. This did. I liked it on the eye, but I’d reach for similar colors that were pressed before this.
Overall, this was an pretty good bag. I’m excited to see what next month is! Not an ipsy member? Click here and join today for just $10/month!
Is this not the prettiest bag yet?! I love anything and everything galaxy print, so I was ecstatic when I saw the sneak peaks for this month’s ipsy bag!
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Techno. This is fun! I love glitter nail polishes, especially silvers. It has both big flecks and small flecks. China Glaze nail polishes always seem to dry pretty fast, too, and this was no exception.
- Smashbox Cosmetics’ Full Exposure Mascara. This mascara was nice. It’s very dark and doesn’t clump at all, but wasn’t quite as dramatic as I usually like. To solve, I just layered on some of my other mascara that is thicker and then I had super long, full lashes.
- Absolute New York’s Nano Liner. Holy crap. Where has this been all my life? I gave up in finding a liner that had the felt tip like this and actually stayed wet longer than the first 10 seconds you take the cap off for the first time. Normally the color is all splotchy and has to be redone about 27 times to get it to look okay. Not the case with this liner. It distributed very evenly on my lid and made some cat-eyes super easy. I’m in love with this liner!
- tre’StiQue’s Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig. The cap looks like an opened pencil, so I was confused for a second when I first took it out of the bag. I like this color on me, it’s just a little pinker and bolder than my natural color. It goes on easily and feels good on my lips. It didn’t last super long, but it faded evenly, so it wasn’t a huge deal to me.
- Coolway’s Stronghold Spray. This hairspray smells really good and it seems like it held pretty well, but I don’t normally use liquid spray hairsprays like this. I kept getting too much on my hair and it’d make a big wet spot, even if I held the bottle pretty far away. I was using it to keep my bangs in place and when I was teasing my crown. For my bangs, it seemed okay, but for teasing, it didn’t create nearly as much texture as my normal hairsprays do. I think I’ll stick with aerosols.
This is definitely my favorite bag as far as contents and the bag itself. Thanks, ipsy! Can’t wait for Decembers! Want to join for just $10 a month? Click HERE!