Fall is JUST around the corner and just so happens to be my favorite season. I wish we got a longer window of actual fall weather here in the midwest, though. It seems like we get about a week of nice, cool fall weather and then – BAM – freezing temperatures are here, leaves are all gone. Anyways, a big part of why I like fall so much is the fall fashions. There are some tried and true trends that are always in fashion [plaid, anyone?], but here are some trends for this season that I’m excited to rock. A lot of these trends are ones I’ve been liking and wearing for a while, but it’s cool that it’s super “in” this year.
Going out tonight with some girlfriends for some good times and drinks. It’s getting warmer finally, so you bet your sweet ass I’m going to try to get away with just a denim vest.
Everyone has their signature staples to their wardrobe and I thought I’d share mine! I have tons of variations of what’s listed, but this gives you the basic idea. I definitely have a lot of black items in my wardrobe and tend to migrate towards darker colors, like maroon, a lot. I have a lot of jeweltone things, too, but I wanted to keep this to 10 items. It’s easy to make sure you have plenty of things that go together if you stick to a sort of uniform, ya know?
I guess I’d describe my style as rocker-casual, while sometimes dipping into badass when I feel like it. I like to be comfortable, always. Even my “sexy” clothes are still comfortable and make me feel good to wear.
- Motorcycle Jacket – my true go-to. You can truly throw a motorcycle jacket on over anything.
- Combat Boots – comfy and practical if it’s raining or snowing
- Moccasins – comfortable and great with jeans, shorts, and skirts
- Skinny Jeans – do I need to say more?
- V Neck – dress it up, dress it down. You can’t go wrong.
- Fringe Jacket – I wear jackets and cardigans a lot, but a black fringe number like this is my favorite.
- Flannel Shirt – they’re warm and cute.
- Lita – when you feel like dressing up, you need a badass heel to go with it.
- Mini Skirt – a mini and/or pencil skirt comes in handy for dressing up or down.
- Crop Top – great in the summer or when you’re feeling yourself and want to show a little skin.
I’d love to know YOUR wardrobe staples. Comment below!